What documents are needed to buy a SIM card online?
The mobile phone has become one of the most important things in almost all of our lives. It is actually difficult to imagine a day without this important gadget in our hands. However, a mobile phone is not complete without a SIM card in it. And as we talk about SIM cards, it is not at all difficult to buy SIM cards online in India. All that you need to have is a set of the right documents. On top of that, if you are looking for an Airtel prepaid SIM; it will even be easier for you to get it. Let us see what all you would need to do.
- Proof of identity such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, Passport, Bank Passbook, Driving License, Arms License, Election Commission ID card, Ration card, CGHS/ECHS Card, Photo Credit card, Smart card issued by CSD, Defence/ Paramilitary, Pensioner Card having a photo, Freedom Fighter Card with photo, Kissan Passbook with photo,
- Proof of address such as Aadhaar card, Passport, Electricity Bill, Gas Bill, recent Telephone Bill of Fixed line, recent Water Bill, Ration Card with address, CGHS/ECHS Card, Vehicle Registration Certificate, Registered Sale/Lease Agreement, Current Passbook of Post Office or any Schedule Bank,
- Passport size photographs
For a detailed list, you can go to the website of Airtel and find the list of documents that you need to submit to buy a SIM card online. Documents that you need to submit vary from one state to the other and you can get the exact details only by visiting the Airtel website or getting in touch with the Airtel Customer Care Service.
Steps to get a new SIM card online:
- The foremost thing you need to do is to visit the Airtel website at airtel.in
- Now go to the ‘Prepaid’ tab and from the dropdown choose ‘New Prepaid SIM’
- Now you will get several fields to fill with information such as Name, Mobile Number, If you want a new connection or port the number, your Location, Address, and then hit the submit button.
- Once all your details are verified, a SIM card will be delivered to your address free of cost and you can try it for activation.
The Airtel executive who will deliver your SIM card would also be collecting your KYC documents from your doorstep. Once your KYC documents have been verified, your number will be activated. The same process can be followed if you are moving from a different network to Airtel; however, you would also need to share your Unique Porting Code or UPC with the executive while you are submitting your documents. The porting period is longer than the period for activating a new SIM card.
It should also be noted that at any point of time you do not need to pay any money for the new SIM card by Airtel. The SIM card will be activated quickly and you can start using it once you carry out a recharge. You will also get benefits such as Wynk Music App, Norton Mobile Security, Airtel Thanks App etc.