Many people use catering equipment to make their parties and events more enjoyable. Catering equipment such as food trucks, catering carts, and catering tables can help make your event more memorable.
Catering equipment supplies is essential for events because it makes it easier for people to enjoy themselves without worrying about cooking or cleaning up afterwards.
What are the Types of Catering Equipment?
The types of catering equipment supplies include:
Foodservice ware and utensils
They are often made of plastic or stainless steel and are found in various shapes and sizes. These items are used in restaurants, cafeterias, canteens, catering services, food kiosks, fast-food restaurants, and other places where food is prepared for consumption.
- Knives for cutting meat.
- Forks for scooping up food.
- Spoons for serving soups or sauces.
- Ladles for serving stew or soup.
- Spatulas for turning omelettes or pancakes.
- Spatulas with long handles to reach deep into a pan.
- Tongs are used to turn meat on the grill.
Cookware and bakeware
They are made of different materials such as metal, ceramic, enamelled cast iron, glass, porcelain or a combination thereof. Most cookware is metal or stainless steel, while bakeware is generally made from glass.
Types of Cookware:
- Cooking pots
- Frying pans
- Skillet pans
- Dutch ovens and braising pans
- Steamer pots and steamers.
Beverage service ware and utensils
These are used for serving different types of beverages, such as hot and cold coffee, tea, water, and iced tea. The variety of beverage service ware and utensils in catering equipment supplies will depend on the type and location of the event.
Tableware and glassware
The types of tableware and glass in catering equipment supplies are varied. There are also specific types of glass designed for particular purposes, such as stemware or decanters.
Types of Tableware:
- Dishes: These dishes are used to serve food on the table. They can be made from ceramic, metal, or plastic materials. Some may have a handle, and some may not.
- Plates: These plates serve food on the table in a more formal setting or for special occasions like weddings and banquets.
- Napkins: These napkins are used to clean your hands after eating something out of a dish or plate.
Display and Refrigeration
These are used to present and preserve food.
- Display: Display is the presentation of food, usually on a platter or a serving dish, designed to be seen by the customer.
- Refrigeration: Refrigeration is the process of cooling or freezing water or other food supplies to reduce their temperature below the freezing point of water without causing ice formation.
Dishwashers, Sinks & Taps
They have a variety of uses and can come in different types of catering services.
- Dishwashers: Dishwashers are used in homes, restaurants, hotels, and other establishments with a dishwashing station. The machine uses water pressure to clean dishes in a short time.
- Sinks: Sinks can be used for washing dishes or for rinsing off dirty dishes after the dishwasher has washed them.
- Taps: Taps can be used as water sources or drains from sinks and drains from dishwashers.
There are various types of catering equipment, and finding the right one can be difficult. However, knowing what to see and its uses will help you take the first step in finding the right supplier for your business.