How can I pay my electricity bill through Airtel Thanks App?
Paying for utilities has been a big problem in India before digital payments became popular. Even after the rise of digital payments and transactions, many people do not find themselves at ease while using these services.
However, without digital payments, even the simple task such as paying a household electricity bill requires one to spend hours going to the office of the service provider and make the payment there. Well, the great news is that if someone uses the Airtel Thanks App, they can use it for not only to carry out phone recharges and postpaid and broadband bill payments, but also to make utility payments. The utility payment option through Airtel Thanks App enables you to pay electricity bill.
If you are an Airtel Thanks App user, you can follow the below steps to make a payment for your electricity bills easily.
- Log in to the Airtel Thanks App using your Airtel mobile number or in the case of Airtel Broadband and DTH users, use your registered mobile number
- Once you log in to the App, on the landing page choose the Pay bills option
- From the options that are displayed on the new page, choose the Other Utility option
- You will be given a list of Utilities including Electricity, Gas, Water, Insurance, Book cylinder, Loan EMI and Fee Payment
- Click on the Electricity option, and a new screen will load up
- On the new screen, select operator based on the state where the bill is due, followed by the name of the service provider
- You will next be prompted to provide your CA number, as mentioned on your electricity bill
- Click on Pay Now for the system to pull your bill details including the current outstanding amount
- Confirm the details such as subscriber name to ensure that you do not make payment for a wrong account
- Once your bill amount and other details have been fetched by the system, you need to press Confirm and Pay to proceed with the payment
- You will be given options to pay such as Debit or Credit card, Internet Banking, Wallets including Airtel Money Wallet, and others
- Once your payment has been made, you will receive a confirmation that your payment has been transferred to the service provider
It should be noted that if you pay an electricity bill using the Airtel Payments Bank you can also get a cashback reward of INR 40 for the first transaction of each month. The cashback will be credited to your Airtel Money Wallet soon.
The Airtel Thanks App is a great all-in-one solution that can help you manage a lot of services without the need to use separate apps.
The great thing is that once you make the payment your electricity provider’s details such as CA number, Service Provider Name, etc will be stored by the app so that you can make the payment easily and quickly next time. If you do not have the Airtel Thanks App yet, you can download it from the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.